- “Spikey” traffic profile – intermittent periods of high-volume traffic
- Data & infrastructure costs can be considerable, even during periods of low connections.
- Maintain reliability of service regardless of load.
How Diffusion helps:
- Offloads responsibility for managing and scaling end-device connections = less back-end infrastructure required
- Topic caching allows new connections to receive latest data without having to interact with back-end infrastructure
- Pub/Sub model only sends data when values change for topics that consumers have registered selections for, reducing overall data volume transmitted over the network.
- Kubernetes support allows dynamic scaling of Diffusion edge-nodes to handle changes in traffic volume