- Application requires user inputs to be broadcast to all participants
- Needs to receive both real-time and historical messages
- Need to support participants across multiple platforms (web, desktop, mobile)
- Messages must have guaranteed delivery and consistently low latency
- Want to avoid 3rd party solution costs
How Diffusion helps:
- Pub/Sub – easily send and receive messages across dynamically created topics
- 1-to-1, 1-to-many messaging – easily send and receive messages among specific users
- 1st class support for web & mobile – easily connect users on different platforms to the same chat channel over the internet
- Time Series Topics – subscribe to topics to receive messages in real-time, while also being able to query historic data to retrieve old messages.
- Reliable reconnection – messages are queued while client apps are disconnected, meaning no loss of data.